Friday, August 12, 2011

so... who's the new girl?

As you may have noticed, I am not Mrs. Clark. (gasp!) Although I do adore Mrs. Clark and learned quite a bit from her, I am all together a different person that hopefully you will grow to love. Here is the scoop...

1. Who are you?

I am Mrs. Pratt. I grew up here and graduated from BHS.
 Here I am way  back in the day at BHS. Wow, bangs.
Here I am before one of the many amazing choir concerts I was so lucky to be in!

 2. Okay, so what else? After high school, I attended the best school ever in America and perhaps the world, The University of Mississippi (okay, maybe I'm a bit loyal to my school...hotty toddy) where I majored in music and participated in the choral department, vocal studio, and Ole Miss Opera Theatere.

Mrs. Pratt with the Eric Whitacre!

The Ole Miss Concert Singers
Performing Mozart's "Die Zauberflote" (sorry about the lack of accent marks, does anyone know how to add them in blogger? Thanks!) with the Ole Miss Opera Theater.

3. Go on...
I graduated with my undergraduate degree in Music and was awarded an amazing assistantship and decided to stay and pursue a Masters Degree. While at Ole Miss I studied conducting with Dr. Donald Trott and voice with Mrs. Nancy Maria Balach.  

After graduation I began teaching in Mississippi before moving back to Nashville. For the past few years I have worked with Metro Nashville Public Schools.
Part of our staff after a run/walk for charity last year.

4. What kind of music do you like? Literally all kinds. I think it is important for students to learn correct vocal technique and some music lends itself to teaching the basics more than others, however, I think it is vital that students learn a large repertoire of music from all different genres, backgrounds, time periods, etc!

5. Do you do anything else other than teach? No. I live in a closet at school, ha. Yes, I am extremely close to my wonderful family and husband. I am also in a book club, enjoy travelling, sing in my church choir, support a pretty steady coffee addiction, frequent yoga, and am currently attempting to train for a half marathon in October.

Overall: I could not be more excited about being your new choir director. I promise to work very hard this year and will attempt to create some wonderful music with you! If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to e-mail or leave a comment!

Thanks,
Mrs. Pratt

3 comments:

  1. http://youtu.be/UyhkBg8wOBo

    this should be a link to the rolling stones recording of route 66

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://youtu.be/T24wnJFlCUw

    i like this!!! its a boys choir that sounds like... idk what!!

    ReplyDelete